Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vote for Me!


Please vote for me. I am applying to The Mompreneur Award of Excellence 2013

Five years ago, Budding Artists (www.buddingartists.ca) began as an idea. Through trial and error, I have helped over 50 schools, churches and daycares fundraise over $50,000. Budding Artists is a work in progress and it has been building steadily over the years. I am proud of what I have accomplished by myself and the help of friends and family. 

There is no doubt it has been difficult since I don't have a business background.  I have successfully juggled my role as an entrepreneur with being a mom, wife, teacher and volunteer. I am most proud of the work I have done co-organizing Halloween in the Village,  a local carnival and night parade for my neighborhood. Last year, It was estimated by CTV that over 1000 people were in attendance. I have been active member in Home and school as well as parent council. 

The grand prize will allow me to hire local staff to manage Budding Artists so I can dedicate more time to creating a not for profit children's art studio. It will also allow me to have access to mentors and create systems so Budding Artists can reach out to more  parents so they can easily preserve their children's imagination. When parents value their children's imagination, children will value creativity. In an increasing complex world, our future will require creative problem solvers. We make it easy and fun while at the same time helping schools and organizations fundraise. 

The children's arts studio will operate as a collective. Our mission is to create place where integrity and the arts grow for local London children and families.  This winter we are offering workshops in drama, creative writing, cursive writing. Every last Friday, we are offering Friday Craft Nights and every Tuesday is Toonie Art Day. 

I am really excited about the possibilities for Budding Artists and the Studio. It doesn't take long to vote and feel free to pass this on to your family and friends. You can follow this link.  

Many thanks,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment