Monday, January 24, 2011

Imagine Having No Imagination

I was surfing the web- looking for inspiration on art projects to use with my students  when I came across an artist called Fred Babb. His art is  expressive, colourful and full of energy. Many of his famous expressions are so relevant to thinking about the arts today. He is well known for coining the following phrases: "Good Art Won't Match Your Sofa",  "Art is the Place Kids Travel, Keep their Passports Current", Imagine having No Imagination and " Get Smart Make Art".

Check out the website maintained by his family. Unfortunately, Fred died in 2006.  There is a poster collection of his artwork that I would love to have but its out of print. I am going to have to save up and buy them from one of the used book Amazon sellers. It would be an excellent resource to inspire my students.

Patti from Deep Space Sparkle has examples of artwork created by her grade 3 and 4 students. Follow this link to see the inspiration Fred Babb has given to the world.

1 comment:

  1. Fred was a great man and Artist. He was my best friend. I am glad you bumped into his work and posted it on your blog. Tony

    ReplyDelete