Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Digital Fabric Services


I was introduced to digital fabric printing services by a friend living in Amsterdam. I am not much of a sewer but I love the idea of being able to take artwork and creating your own fabric. So I decided to try out Spoonflower but there are many other companies. Its easy. Once you upload your artwork, you can choose quilting weight, organic cotton sateen or knit, upholstery weight twill, linen cotton canvas, and cotton lawn. You can choose the layout and the size of the image. I uploaded these two art samples I created. They were inspired  by Norval Morrisseau, Canadian Native Artist. 
 I purchased (42"x36") for US$18 in quilting weight. I didn't have high expectations but I am thrilled with the results. If you would like to know more about other digital fabric companies and the pros and cons of each, click here.  Now I am wondering what to do with the fabric. I welcome your ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Weaveron is one of the most trusted names in the field of fabric, not only in India but across the globe. We have the best professionals in the team who work day in and out to produce the best quality fabrics, accessories, curtains, scarfs, women party dresses, and more. For more details visit our website at https://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete